2019 Student Scholarships - Call for nominations
FICS, the international organization representing the specialty of sports chiropractic, is pleased to announce four $1,000 USD sponsorship for chiropractic students. Recipients of this award will be appointed to be a member of a FICS commission to allow them to widen their networks and further develop their interest in Sports Chiropractic. This program is proudly sponsored by our Presenting, Platinum and Gold Level sponsors in support of the development of the future leaders in the sports chiropractic profession.
The expected announcement date of the award recipients is expected to be on or before 30 November 2019.
- The application form MUST be filled in electronically. This is a smart form. Save on your computer to fill in.
- Supporting document and the application form MUST include the applicant's name as part of the file name and be listed on the document in the header.
- It is the applicant's responsibility to ensure all documents are submitted correctly.
ACCEPTED FORMAT of file names:
1. Joe_Brown_2019 Scholarship Application.
2. Joe_Brown_Word Essay
3. Joe_Brown_Personal Participation
4. Joe_Brown_Contribtion to Sports Chiro
5. Joe_Brown_Good Character supporting letter
Email as a combined PDF or as five files in the same email before 5pm AEDT (UTC +11) 31 October 2019.
Students must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited/recognized chiropractic school, graduating in or after 2018.
(1) Application form filled in electronically.
(2) 500-750-word essay concerning the importance of sports chiropractic services to athletes in training and competition, and to the future growth of the chiropractic profession.
(3) A description of personal participation in fitness and sports activities (100-200 words).
2018 Student Scholarships Winners
- Phoebe Henry – RMIT University, Melbourne, Australia -sponsored by Logan University.
- Cheria Morgan - Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Toronto, Canada -sponsored by Dynamic Tape.
- Aidan Kaye - New York Chiropractic College, New York, USA -sponsored by Standard Process.
- Emily Skelding - Durban University of Technology, South Africa -sponsored by Life University.
Thank you to our Sponsors
FICS wishes to thank its four below named Presenting Sponsors for generously sponsoring Student Scholarships. Click on the logos to learn more about these sponsors and their products and services.
Logan University is dedicated to maximizing human performance through innovative health education. Since 1935, Logan has remained grounded in chiropractic education and also offers a number of online degrees to complement the DC degree including the Doctorate of Health Professions Education, Master of Science in Nutrition and Human Performance and Master of Science in Sports Science and Rehabilitation.
For additional information, visit logan.edu/Academics.
Dynamic Tape is not a kinesiology or athletic tape. It is the “Original” Biomechanical Tape ®, an entirely new category of sports and therapeutic taping. These innovative, 4-way stretching tapes with strong elastic resistance and recoil of varying grades, absorb and inject force to reduce the workload on the body. Our taping methodology aims to directly manage load, modify movement patterns and assist function. Dynamic Tape does all this with a soft, breathable tape that is of such high quality and strength that professional athletes around the world trust our product everyday. From rehabilitation to the World Cup, Dynamic Tape is changing the way we look at sports and therapeutic taping.
For additional information, visit www.dynamictape.info .
Since its founding in 1974, the mission of Life University is to empower each student with the education, skills and values needed for career success and life fulfillment based on a vitalistic philosophy. The University's Undergraduate, Graduate and Professional programs - each one committed to excellence in teaching, learning, research and the overall student experience - offer a vision and the promise for a meaningful life, the proficiencies necessary to achieve optimum personal performance, and the wisdom to become transformational leaders in an increasingly diverse, global and dynamic world.
For additional information, visit www.life.edu.