The FICS Membership Commission is dedicated to improving all aspects of the FICS membership experience and is committed to building upon the traditional strengths of what FICS membership offers the sport-focused chiropractor. Nat Akmens, Commission Chair, and his team have been undertaking a survey to reach out to the FICS membership base. The response so far has been overwhelming, and as a team they are looking forward to finding out exactly what you value and appreciate with your FICS membership. We have no doubt the answers will be a key focus of our commission's work over the coming years, as we bring a better membership experience to everyone who is connected to FICS.
If you haven't completed the survey just yet, there isn't much time left before we close it and take the results to Berlin for the March FICS AGM. Nat and his team are looking forward to meeting many of you there for the FICS Symposium. Don't forget to also share the survey link with your fellow FICS members! Thanks and take care, Nat Akmens
Click on the Video link to hear from Nat https://tinyurl.com/y8yva6y8
Membership - Article 3 of FICS Statues
Categories of Members
FICS shall be composed of ordinary, associate and honorary members as follows and with these voting rights:
1. Ordinary Members: national sports chiropractic councils or associations (NCSCs). Each NCSC shall appoint one vote-carrying delegate to attend the General Assembly. This delegate shall have voting rights according to the following classification:
• NCSCs with 1 to 50 individual members 5 votes
• NCSCs with 51 and 100 individual members 8 votes
• NCSCs with 101 or more individual members 10 votes
2. Associate Members: any association, organisation, institution or individual that supports the goals of FICS. These may include, but are not limited to:
a. Voting members:
• National associations of chiropractors that are members of the World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC) 2 votes
• Chiropractic teaching institutions 2 votes
• Student chiropractic sports councils 1 vote
b. Non-voting members:
• Other associations, organizations and institutions
• Individual members
3. Honorary Members: any individual who has worked in the interest of public health, particularly in the area of sports chiropractic, may be approved as an honorary member by the General Assembly upon the recommendation of the Executive Council. Honorary members may participate in the activities of FICS, are exempt from having to pay annual membership dues and shall have no vote.
Membership Renewal Process:
NCSC is requested to confirm via a spreadsheet their member's number and details in January of each year. FICS will generally do up an invoice for the membership numbers and send to the NSCS for payment. Punctual payment of the annual dues is required to ensure that all the voting rights at the general assembly are assigned correctly.
Applications for New Membership:
Applications for admission to ordinary membership shall be submitted in writing, at least three (3) months prior to the commencement date of the next General Assembly if the application is to be considered at that Assembly, and shall be accompanied by a complete list of the applicant’s members. There shall be no more than one (1) ordinary member per country.
The Executive Council shall review and make proposals to the General Assembly concerning applications for membership, but final admission to membership shall be approved by the General Assembly.